DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
- 12MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor
- 2x 24-48mm Optical Zoom + Dolly Zoom
- 48MP Super-Resolution Photos
- OcuSync 2.0 Transmission Technology
The Mavic 2 Zoom from DJI is a professional quality filmmaking drone that gives you the ability to get closer to the action, thanks to its 2x 24-48mm optical zoom camera with a 1/2.3" 12MP sensor. With 4x lossless zoom (including 2x optical zoom) you can capture sensitive subjects from an even greater distance. There's even a single-tap aerial mode called Dolly Zoom that gives a Hitchcockian effect to your footage.
The Mavic 2 Zoom utilizes a low-drag aerodynamic body design for achieving speeds up to 44.7 mph, a four-cell LiPo battery for up to 31 minutes of flight time, and low-noise propellers for filming without being distracting. This power and performance are coupled with a variety of shooting modes and capabilities for cinematic results.
To help keep the Mavic 2 Zoom safe and in control, DJI has provided OcuSync 2.0 video transmission technology that can transmit a video feed to the included controller from up to five miles away in Full HD 1080p quality. There's also omnidirectional obstacle sensing that provides object avoidance with sensors on all sides of the Mavic 2 Zoom.
Additional Gimbal Camera Features
- Mid-range shots: Capture epic midrange shots with the 48mm telephoto lens, designed to compress your perspective and enhance the parallax effect.
- Hybrid autofocus: Combines phase and contrast detection for higher focus speed and accuracy, helping to keep subjects in focus while zooming in and out.
Hyperlapse Time-Lapse Shots
- Free: Move the Mavic 2 where you want with total freedom.
- Circle: Select a subject for the Mavic 2 to automatically circle around.
- CourseLock: This flies the Mavic 2 on a locked course in a straight line, forward and backwards or right to left, allowing you to adjust the gimbal along the way for dramatic results.
- WayPoint: Set a specific savable flight path in 3D space for a single time-lapse, or for multiple shots at different times to edit together later.
Enhanced HDR Photos
HyperLight Noise Reduction
OcuSync 2.0 Video Transmission
OcuSync 2.0 also lets you share and save your footage and images without having to download content from the drone itself. Footage can be edited and uploaded to social media from the cache, and images can be automatically saved to your mobile device.
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
- Forward sensor: Dual vision sensors with a measurement range up to 65', and a detectable range of 65 to 131'. The Mavic 2 is designed to safely stop when obstacles are detected while flying at up to 31.3 mph.
- Downward sensor: Dual vision sensors with a measurement range up to 36', and a detectable range of 36 to 72'. It also has an infrared sensor that can measure up to 26' away. The sensors also allow for accurate hovering at up to 164' and can detect land to land safely. A bottom auxiliary light helps the sensor in low-light conditions.
- Left and right sensors: Detects obstacles at speeds of up to 18 mph in both ActiveTrack and Tripod modes.
- Backward sensor: Dual vision sensors with a measurement range up to 52', and a detectable range of 52 to 104.9'. The Mavic 2 is designed to safely stop when obstacles are detected while flying at up to 27 mph.
- Upward sensor: Infrared sensor that can precisely measure at ranges up to 26'.
ActiveTrack 2.0 Sensing and Tracking
- Precise recognition: Maps a 3D view of the surrounding environment through the camera and forward dual sensors for greater recognition and accuracy.
- Trajectory prediction: Algorithms help maintain tracking when the subject is temporarily blocked by an obstruction.
- High-speed tracking: In open environments, the Mavic 2 Zoom can track subjects moving at up to 44.7 mph.
- Obstacle sensing: Plan a flight path on the 3D map and shoot your target without interruption. Obstacles are sensed, recognized, and avoided with forward and backward sensors.
Aerial Shooting Modes
- Dolly zoom: Providing a Hitchcock-like effect, the Mavic 2 Zoom adjusts focus while flying to deliver a warped effect. With proper focus speed values, you can get more creative when flying manually.
- Point of interest (POI) 2.0: Thanks to vision and GPS distance measurement technologies, you can circle around and shoot a specific subject.
- Waypoint 2.0: By tapping the desired waypoints and point of interest in the app, you can plan a flight path quickly and save it for your next flight.
- Asteroid: The Mavic 2 quickly flies down from a height while spinning in on a subject.
- Boomerang: Centering on a subject, the Mavic 2 will fly around it in an elliptical pattern until reaching its starting location.
- Low-drag body design helps provide a top speed of up to 44.7 mph.
- Four-cell LiPo battery can provide up to 31 minutes of flight time.
- A combination of an FOC sinusoidal drive ESCs and low-noise propellers keeps flights quiet.
- Panorama image mode with support for Sphere, 180°, Horizontal, and Vertical modes.
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Specs
|Maximum Takeoff Weight||1.99 lb / 905 g|
|Maximum Horizontal Speed||44.7 mph / 72 km/h (S-Mode)|
|Maximum Ascent Speed||16.4 ft/s / 5 m/s|
|Maximum Descent Speed||9.8 ft/s / 3 m/s|
|Maximum Wind Resistance||23.6 mph / 38 km/h|
|Flight Ceiling||3 mi / 6000 m|
|Maximum Flight Time||31 Minutes|
|Maximum Hover Time||29 Minutes|
|Maximum Tilt Angle||35°|
|Hovering Accuracy||±0.33' / 0.1 m Vertical with Vision Positioning
±1.64' / 0.5 m Vertical with GPS
±0.98' / 0.3 m Horizontal with Vision Positioning
±4.92' / 1.5 m Horizontal with GPS
|GNSS Support||GPS, GLONASS|
|Operating Range||36.1 to 131.2' / 11.0 to 40.0 m|
|Required Object Reflectivity||>20%|
|Vision System||Downward, Forward, Backward, Left, Right|
|Operating Range||1.6 to 131.2' / 0.5 to 40.0 m|
|Obstacle Sensory Range||36.1 to 131.2' / 11.0 to 40.0 m|
|Forward Field of View||40° (Horizontal)
|Backward Field of View||60° (Horizontal)
|Operating Environment||Surface with Clear Patterns at >15 lux|
|Operating Frequency||2.4 GHz (2.400 - 2.483)
5.8 GHz (5.725 - 5.850)
|Maximum Operating Distance||4.97 Miles / 8000 m at 2.4 G
4.97 Miles / 8000 m at 5.8 G
|Transmitter Power||26 dBm (2.4 G)
26 dBm (5.8 G)
|Connectivity||1 x Lightning
1 x Micro-USB
1 x USB Type-C
|Battery Type||1 x Built-In|
|Battery Capacity||3950 mAh|
|Battery Configuration||1 S / 3.83 V|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||Devices up to 6.30" / 160 mm Wide and 0.3" / 7.62 mm Thick|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Effective Pixels||12 MP|
|Lens Field of View||Horizontal: 83°|
|Aperture||f/2.8 to 3.8|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1.6' / 0.5 m|
|Photo ISO Range||100 to 1600 (Auto)
100 to 3200 (Manual)
|Video ISO Range||100 to 3200 (Auto)|
|Electronic Shutter Speed||8 to 1/8000 Second|
|Photo Resolution||4:3: 4000 x 3000|
|Photo Format||JPEG, DNG|
|Video Format||3840 x 2160p at 24/25/30 fps
2688 x 1512p at 24/25/30/48/50/60 fps
1920 x 1080p at 24/25/30/48/50/60/120 fps
|Recording Media||microSD (up to 128 GB)|
|Photo Modes||Auto-Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Burst Shooting, Interval, Single Shot|
|Number of Axes||3 (Pitch, Roll, Yaw)|
|Control Range||Pitch: -90 to 30°
Yaw: -75 to 75°
|Angular Speed||Pitch: 120°/s|
|Battery Chemistry||Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo)|
|Capacity||3850 mAh / 59.29 Wh|
|Battery Configuration||4 S / 15.4 V|
|Maximum Charging Power||80 W|
|Charging Temperature||41 to 104°F / 5 to 40°C|
|Weight||10.48 oz / 297 g|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz at 1.8 A|
|Output Voltage||17.6 V, 3.41 A
17 V, 3.53 A
5 V, 2 A
|Power Rating||60 W|
|Number of Rotors||4|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C|
|Overall Dimensions||3.6 x 3.3 x 8.4" / 91.0 x 84.0 x 214.0 mm (Folded)
9.5 x 3.3 x 12.7" / 242.0 x 84.0 x 322.0 mm (Unfolded)